当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语基础英语口语英语基础内容详情

老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(97):城市交通

10

Traffic 城市交通

dialogue 1
 
Saini: I have been late three times this week.
 这星期我已经迟到三次了.
 
Rite: What's up?
 怎么了?
 
S: Traffic is tied up in knots. I'm afraid I'm gonna be late again.
 车堵得一塌糊涂.恐怕我又要迟到了.
 
R: Traffic is always heavy at this time of day.
 这个时候就很堵.
 
S: I left thiny minutcs earIier than usual today in ordcr to avoid the rush hour, but I'm still later
 我今天提前30分钟出发,本来想避开高峰,可是眼看又要迟到了.
 
R: Maybe you can try a differentmute.
 能不能走别的路线?
 
S: I don't think it can be avoidcd. to be honest.there seems to be cars everywhere.
 说实话,我觉得避不开,到处都是车.
 
R: What about the Badaling Expressway?
 打开收音机吧,经常会有最新的路况.
 
S: Well, traffic moves at a good clip on that freeway, but it's a long way around.
 恩听起来好像情况不妙,西直门附近很堵.
 
R: Turn on the radio. They usually have freeway updates.
 高峰期那儿一直很堵.
 
S: Looks likc we'Iljust have to wait it out.
 看来只好等着了.
 
R: Unfortunately, I thin;: you're right.
 哎,看起来只好这样了.
 
S: If I'm latc again, my boss's 80nna blow a fuse.
 如果我再迟到,老板一定会很生气.
 
R: You'Iljust havc to leave earlier tomorrow.
 你明天只能早点了.

dialogue 2
 
R: It's too crowded in here!
 这里面太挤了!
 
S: same story every day.
 每天都这样.
 
R: oh really? Oh good, it's stopping to let some fresh air in, it's too stuffy here.
 是吗?太好了,车停了,能吸点新鲜空气了,这儿太不透气了.
 
S: subway line one is always very crowded, especially during rush hour.
 地铁一号线总是很拥挤,尤其是在高峰时段.
 
R: oh, no. there are more people getting on!
 哎,又上来很多人!
 
S: we should leave earlier next time.
 下次早点出发吧.
 
R: I don't think I can stand it any more. I can hardly breathe.
 我受不了了,都快窒息了.
 
S: come on, Rita, only two more stops before the interchange. It will empty out them.
 丽塔,坚持下,还有2站就到换乘站了,那时上车就会空点了.
 
R: thank God. I don't get how you handle this. There's so little personal space. Why don't you take the bus? It's cheaper.
 太好了,我真不知道你是怎么忍受的,人贴着人,没一点个人空间.为什么不坐公交车呢?不是比这便宜吗?
 
S: yes, it is. But it's not very convenient. I would have to change buses three times and it's not as reliable.
 确实便宜,但是不太方便,坐公交车我要换三次车,而且不好控制时间.
 
R: at least on the bus you can see out of the windows. Down here there is nothing but advertisements.
 坐公交的话,至少能看看窗外的风景,在这儿全都是广告.
 
S: it's just as overcrowded and smelly as the subway as well as bring slower.
 公交车上一样很挤,味道也不好,还比地铁慢.
 
R: I guess you're right. I think I'll consider buying a car. What do you say?
 倒也是,所以我正考虑买车呢.你呢?
 
S: honestly, for there are already far too many cars in Beijing, I don't want to contribute to the mess.
 老实说,北京的小车太多了,我可不想再添麻烦了.
 
R: I suppose you are right. I guess I'll just have to get used to the subway.
说的也是,我想我还是努力适应坐地铁吧.
 

英语口语推荐