当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语阅读英语诗歌英语阅读内容详情

泰戈尔《园丁集》英汉对照5

7

21

Why did he choose to come to my door, the wandering youth, when the day dawned?

他为什么特地来到我的门前,这年轻的游子,当天色黎明的时候?

As I come in and out I pass by him every time, and my eyes are caught by his face.

每次我进出经过他的身旁,我的眼睛总被他的面庞所吸引。

I know not if I should speak to him or keep silent. Why did he choose to come to my door.

我不知道我是应该同他说话还是保持沉默。他为什么特地到我门前来呢?

The cloudy nights in July are dark; the sky is soft blue in the autumn; the spring days are restless with the south wind.

七月的阴夜是黑沉的;秋日的天空是浅蓝的,南风把春天吹得骀荡不宁。

He weaves his songs with fresh tunes every time.

他每次用新调编着新歌。

I turn from my work and my eyes fill with the mist. Why did he choose to come my door?

我放下活计眼里充满雾水。他为什么特地到我门前来呢?

22

When she passed by me with quick steps, the end of her skirt touched me.

当她用急步走过我的身旁,她的裙缘触到了我。

From the unknown island of a heart came a sudden warm breath of spring.

从一颗心的无名小岛上忽然吹来了一阵春天的温馨。

A flutter of a flitting touch brushed me and vanished in a moment, like a torn flower petal blown in the breeze.

一霎飞触的撩乱扫拂过我,立刻又消失了,像扯落了的花瓣在和风中飘扬。

It fell upon my heart like a sigh of her body and whisper of her heart.

它落在我的心上,像她的身躯的叹息和她心灵的低语。

23

Why do you sit there and jingle your bracelets in mere idle sport?

你为什么悠闲地坐在那里,把镯子玩得丁当作响呢?

Fill your pitcher. It is time for you to come home.

把你的水瓶灌满了吧。是你应当回家的时候了。

Why do you stir the water with your hands and fitfully glance at the road for some one in mere idle sport?

你为什么悠闲地拨弄着水玩。偷偷地瞥视路上的行人呢?

Fill your pitcher and come home.

灌满你的水瓶回家去吧。

The morning hours pass by——the dark water flows on.

早晨的时间过去了——沉黑的水不住地流逝。

The waves are laughing and whispering to each other in mere idle sport.

波浪相互低语嬉笑闲玩着。

The wandering clouds have gathered at the edge of the sky on yonder rise of the land.

流荡的云片聚集在远野高地的天边。

They linger and look at your face and smile mere idle sport.

它们留连着悠闲地看着你的脸微笑着。

Fill your pitcher and come home.

灌满你的水瓶回家去吧。

24

Do not keep to yourself the secret of your heart, my friend!

不要把你心的秘密藏起,我的朋友!

Say it to me, only to me, in secret.

对我说吧,秘密地对我一个人说吧。

You who smile so gently, softly whisper, my heart will hear it, not my ears.

你这个笑得这样温柔、说得这样轻软的人,我的心将听着你的语言,不是我的耳朵。

The night is deep, the house is silent, the birds' nests are shrouded with sleep.

夜深沉,庭宁静,鸟巢也被睡眠笼罩着。

Speak to me through hesitating tears, through faltering smiles, through sweet shame and pain, the secret of your heart.

从踌躇的眼泪里,从沉吟的微笑着,从甜柔的羞怯和痛苦里,把你心的秘密告诉我吧!

25

"Come to us, youth, tell us truly why there is madness in your eyes?"

"到我们这里来吧,青年人,老实告诉我们,为什么你眼里带着疯癫?"

"I know not what wine of wild poppy I have drunk, that there is this madness in my eyes."

"我不知道我喝了什么野罂粟花酒,使我的眼带着疯癫。"

"Ah, shame!"

"呵,多难为情!"

"Well, some are wise and some foolish, some are watchful and some careless. There are eyes that smile and eyes that weep——and madness is in my eyes."

"好吧,有的人聪明有的人愚拙,有的人细心有的人马虎。有的眼睛会笑,有的眼睛会哭——我的眼睛是带着疯癫的。"

"Youth, why do you stand so still under the shadow of the tree?"

"青年人,你为什么这样凝立在树影下呢?"

"My feet are languid with the burden of my heart, and I stand still in the shadow."

"我的脚被我沉重的心压得疲倦了,我就在树影下凝立着。"

"Ah, shame!"

"呵,多难为情!"

"Well, some march on their way and some linger, some are free and some are fettered——and my feet are languid with the burden of my heart."

"好吧,有人一直行进,有人到外流连,有的人是自由的,有的人是锁住的——我的脚被我沉重的心压得疲倦了。"

26

"What comes from  your willing hands I take. I beg for nothing more."

"从你慷慨的手里所付予的,我都接受。我别无所求。"

"Yes, yes, I know you, modest mendicant, you ask for all that one has."

"是了,是了,我懂得你,谦卑的乞丐,你是乞求一个人的一切所有。"

"If there be a stray flower for me I will wear it in my heart."

"若是你给我一朵残花,我也要把它戴在心上。"

"But if there be thorns?"

"若是那花上有刺呢?"

"I will endure them."

"我就忍受着。"

"Yes, yes, I know you, modest mendicant, you ask for all that one has."

"是了,是了,我懂得你,谦卑的乞丐,你是乞求一个人的一切所有。"

"If but once you should raise your loving eyes to my face it would make my life sweet beyond death."

"如果你只在我脸上瞥来一次爱怜的眼光,就会使我的生命直到死后还是甜蜜的。"

"But if there be only cruel glances?"

"假如那只是残酷的眼色呢?"

"I will keep them piercing my heart."

"我要让它永远穿刺我的心。"

"Yes, yes, I know you, modest mendicant, you ask for all that one has."

"是了,是了,我懂得你,谦卑的乞丐,你是乞求一个人的一切所有。"

27

"Trust love even if it brings sorrow. Do not close up your heart."

"即使爱只给你带来了哀愁,也信任它。不要把你的心关起。"

"Ah no, my friend, your words are dark, I cannot understand them."

"呵,不,我的朋友,你的话语太隐晦了,我不懂得。"

"The heart is only giving away with a tear and a song, my love."

"心是应该和一滴眼泪、一首诗歌一起送给人的,我爱。"

"Ah no, my friend, your words are dark, I cannot understand them."

"呵,不,我的朋友,你的话语太隐晦了,我不懂得。"

"Pleasure is frail like a dewdrop, while it laughs it dies. But sorrow is strong and abiding. Let sorrowful love wake in your eyes."

"喜乐像露珠一样地脆弱,它在欢笑中死去。哀愁却是坚强而耐久。让含愁的爱在你眼中醒起吧。"

"Ah no, my friend, your words are dark, I cannot understand them."

"呵,不,我的朋友,你的话语太隐晦了,我不懂得。"

"The lotus blooms in the sight of the sun, and loses all that it has. It would not remain in bud in the eternal winter mist."

"荷花在日中开放,丢掉了自己的一切所有。在永生的冬雾里,它将不再含苞。"

"Ah no, my friend, your words are dark, I cannot understand them."

"呵,不,我的朋友,你的话语太隐晦了,我不懂得。"

英语诗歌推荐