当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语阅读英语美文英语阅读内容详情

If you were coming in the fall

11

If you were coming in the fall

如果你能在秋季来到

作者:Emily Dickinson,译者:江枫

If you were coming in the fall,

如果你能在秋季来到,

I'd brush the summer by

我会用掸子把秋季掸掉,

With half a smile and half a spurn,

一半轻蔑,一半含笑,

As housewives do a fly.

像管家妇把苍蝇赶跑。

If I could see you in a year,

如果一年后能够见你,

I'd wind the months in balls,

我将把岁月缠绕成团 —

And put them each in separate drawers,

分别存放在不同的抽屉,

Until their time befalls.

免得,混淆了日期 —

If only centuries delayed,

如果只耽搁几个世纪,

I'd count them on my hand,

我会用我的手算计 —

Subtracting till my fingers dropped

把手指逐一屈起,直到

Into Van Diemen’s land.

全部倒伏在亡人国里。

If certain, when this life was out,

如果确知,聚会在生命 —

That yours and mine should be,

你的和我的生命,结束时 —

I'd toss it yonder like a rind,

我愿意把生命抛弃 —

And taste eternity.

如同抛弃一片果皮 —

But now, all ignorant of the length

但是现在难以确知

Of time's uncertain wing,

相隔还有多长时日 —

It goads me, like the goblin bee,

这状况刺痛我有如妖蜂 —

That will not state its sting.

秘而不宣,是那毒刺。

英语美文推荐