当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语阅读英语美文英语阅读内容详情

你的出现 照亮了我的十二时辰

1

You ordered large fruit punches all around.
你为店里的客人们点了大份的水果酒
The kids were so happy.
孩子们高兴坏了
You asked about our adobo pizza,
你还问我们店里的卤肉披萨好吃吗
said the kids were interested,
你说孩子们都很感兴趣
I told you you wouldn't regret it.
我告诉你,点一份,你肯定不会后悔
The little one asked for a mini adobo fried rice omelette.
你的小女儿说想要迷你卤肉披萨,炸薯条和柠檬水
You said whatever she wants.
你说就依她的办
I asked if anyone wanted anything else.
我问有没有其他人想点别的东西
The big kid wanted the lechon sisig cheese fries.
大孩子想要菲式口味的奶酪炸猪肉
You said before anything else,
你说,首先
what was my total at.
我一共要付多少钱
I told you about $34.
我告诉你,大概34美元
You politely said no,
你礼貌的说,不对
that would be it.
这样才对
I noticed the two $20s you had crumpled in your hand.
我注意到你手中有两张揉皱了的20美元的钞票
My father, raised me and my brother pretty much by himself
我想起了我的父亲,他养活了我和我的弟弟,基本上全凭他自己
and even though we struggled,
虽然我们生活艰辛
he always made sure we ate.
他却总能保证我们有饭吃
I lost him last year.
去年我失去了他
Now I don't know
此刻,我不知道
if these kids' mother was not in the picture,
这三个孩子的母亲是不是也不在了
or just at work or something,
或者只是在上班,或者其他的情况
but it was just so nice to see a father being good to his kids.
但看到一个父亲对自己的三个孩子这样慈爱,我仍感到欢喜
I wish I could have given you those lechon sisig cheese fries.
真希望我能亲手把奶酪炸猪肉端给你
But all I could do
但我唯一能做的
was keep those fruit punches coming to your kids,
就是不断的把水果酒递到你的孩子们手中
who were chugging them down enthusiastically,
看着他们兴冲冲的大口吞下手中的饮料
but being so polite.
言谈却十分礼貌
I wanted to just take those fruit punches off your tab;
我真想在你的账单上划去水果酒的费用
I would have paid for them myself
我本打算自己支付那些水果酒的费用
(I wouldn't steal from work)
我当然不会让自己工作的店蒙受损失
but the owner was right there.
可是老板就在那里
I then wanted to give you big jumbo cups to go
后来我又想给你换成可以带走的超大杯
so your kids could take home all the fruit punch they wanted
这样,你的三个孩子想把多少水果酒带回家都可以
(something we offer to those who ask,)
我们一般会对想要买超大杯的人提供这种东西,
but I was rushed to cash you out.
但我不得不尽快给你结账
All I could do was give you the best service I could,
我唯一能做的就是向你们提供最好的服务
despite it being busy
尽管我十分忙碌
and other customers being demanding,
尽管其他的客人都在吆喝
and say, "Happy Early Father's day"
我只能说一句“父亲节快乐”
when I cashed you out.
然后把零钱递给你
I hope that was enough to show you
希望这足够让你看到
how much just you and your three kids' presence made my day.
你和你三个孩子今天的表现,如何让我的一整天充满幸福
But the look in your eye when you said,
我看到你眼中的神情,当你说
"Thank you, I really appreciate it,"
“谢谢你,我很看重你的祝福”
told me that you sincerely did.
这让我知道,你一定明白了我的意思

英语美文推荐