当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语阅读英语美文英语阅读内容详情

你的差错 我来埋单

6

My mom passed away about 5 weeks ago...
大约一个半月前,我的母亲去世了
we're having a service for her this weekend.
这个周末,我们举行了葬礼
I wanted to make a program for the funeral
我希望在葬礼上能够有一种手礼
that had details of her life,
能展示她一生的细节
photos and some graphics.
有照片,还有其他的图像
I wanted it to fold in half like a greeting card
我希望这个东西可以对折起来,就像一张祝福卡片
so that meant one of the panels had to be flipped upside down...
这就意味着,其中的一面必须上下颠倒翻折起来
the entire program was really difficult to make,
制作过程十分困难
I was extremely distraught the entire time
整个过程中我都心急如焚
so I wasn't paying attention, I guess.
我猜,自己根本没注意葬礼上的讲话
I sent the file over to my local printer...
我把做好的文件发给了一家附近的打印店
two-sided color,
双面扫描
cost me about $200.
花了我大约200美元
I go to pick up the order
我去取打印出来的东西
and realize I screwed up.
却发现自己搞砸了
I flipped the WRONG panel upside down.
我翻折过来的那一面是错的
So when you fold it in half,
当你把它对折起来的时候
my mom's face is upside down on the cover.
封面上母亲的脸是上下颠倒的
I teared up in my car.
我坐在车里痛哭流涕
I'd have to spend another $200 to fix the mistake...
为了弥补这个错误,我不得不再花200美元
I walk back into the printer
我回到打印机前
and show him what happen.
告诉他事情的原委
This dude...this totally awesome dude goes:
店里的小伙子,那个令人赞叹的小伙子对我说
"Oh...well, send me the correct file
哦,好吧,把顺序正确的文件发给我
and I'll take care of it."
我会处理好的
He reprinted the whole thing for me for FREE.
他为我把东西答应好了,分文不收
FREE!
分文不收!
He didn't have to do that...
他本没有义务要这样做

英语美文推荐