当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语基础英语学习方法英语基础内容详情

feel up to something 觉得能够胜任

15

1. If you're feeling up to it, there was something I wanted to talk to you about.

如果你觉得身体状况还不错,我有些事想和你聊聊。

Notes: “feel up to something”表示“觉得能够胜任,可以对付某事,觉得身体能承受”。例如:

If you feel up to it, please start your work immediately.

如果你觉得可以胜任,请立刻开始工作。

As you feel up to it, you can start from jogging.

当你觉得身体已经可以承受了,就从慢跑开始锻炼。

2. Because it's a private matter. And I am in favor.

因为这是私事,而且我也支持。

Notes: “in favor”这个短语在这里表达的是“赞同,支持”。此外,“in favor”还可表示“有利于,被喜爱的”。例如:

I intend to continue my postgraduate study and my husband is in favor.

我打算继续研究生课程的学习,我的丈夫表示支持。

He is in favor of being creative in work.

她喜欢在工作中保持创新。

Our boss made a decision that is in favor of the young workers.

我们的老板做了一个有利于年轻员工的决定。

3. You tracked me down.

你打听了我的行踪。

Notes: “track down”的意思是“追踪,找到”。例如:

It was not long before the little boy tracked down his lost football.

没过多久,小男孩就找到了他弄丢的足球。

英语学习方法推荐