当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语阅读英语诗歌英语阅读内容详情

泰戈尔《园丁集》英汉对照10

19

61

Peace, my heart, let the time for the parting be sweet.

安静吧,我的心,让别离的时间甜柔吧。

Let it not be a death but completeness.

让它不是个死亡,而是圆满。

Let love melt into memory and pain into songs.

让爱恋融入记忆,痛苦融入诗歌吧。

Let the flight through the sky end in the folding of the wings over the nest.

让穿越天空的飞翔在巢上敛翼中终止。

Let the last touch of your hands be gentle like the flower of the night.

让你双手的最后的接触,像夜中的花朵一样温柔。

Stand still, O Beautiful End, for a moment, and say your last words in silence.

站住一会吧,呵,"美丽的结局",用沉默说出最后的话语吧。

I bow you and hold up my lamp to light you on your way.

我向你鞠躬,举起我的灯来照亮你的归途。

62

In the dusky path of a dream I went to seek the love who was mine in a former life.

在梦境的朦胧小路上,我去寻找我前生的爱。

Her house stood at the end of a desolate street.

她的房子是在冷静的街尾。

In the evening breeze her pet peacock sat drowsing on its perch, and the pigeons were silent in their corner.

在晚风中,她爱养的孔雀在架上昏睡,鸽子在自己的角落里沉默着。

She set her lamp down by the portal and stood before me.

她把灯放在门边,站在我面前。

She raised her large eyes to my face and mutely asked, "Are you well, my friend?"

她抬起一双大眼望着我的脸,无言地问道:"你好么,我的朋友?"

I tried to answer, but our language had been lost and forgotten.

我想回答,但是我们的语言迷失而又忘却了。

I thought and thought; our names would not come to my mind.

我想来想去,怎么也想不起我们叫什么名字。

Tears shone in her eyes. She held up her right hand to me. I took it and stood silent.

眼泪在她眼中闪光,她向我伸出右手。我握住她的手静默地站着。

Our lamp had flickered in the evening breeze and died.

我们的灯在晚风中颤摇着熄灭了。

63

Traveller, must you go?

行路人,你必须走么?

The night is still and the darkness swoons upon the forest.

夜是静寂的,黑暗在树林上昏睡。

The lamps are bright in our balcony, the flowers all fresh, and the youthful eyes still awake.

我们的凉台上灯火辉煌,繁花鲜美,青春的眼睛还清醒着。

Is the time for your parting come?

你离开的时间到了么?

Traveller, must you go?

行路人,你必须走么?

We have not bound your feet with our entreating arms.

我们不曾用恳求的手臂来抱住你的双足。

Your doors are open. Your horse stands saddled at the gate.

你的门开着。你的立在门外的马,也已上了鞍鞯。

If we have tried to bar your passage it was but with our songs.

如果我们想拦住你的去路,也只是用我们的歌曲。

Did we ever try to hold you back it was but with our eyes.

如果我们曾想挽留你,也只用我们的眼睛。

Traveller, we are helpless to keep you. We have only our tears.

行路人,我们没有希望留住你,我们只有眼泪。

What quenchless fire glows in your eyes?

在你眼里发光的是什么样的不灭之火?

What restless fever runs in your blood?

在你血管中奔流的是什么样的不宁的热力?

What call from the dark urges you?

从黑暗中有什么召唤在引动你?

What awful incantation have you read among the stars in the sky, that with a sealed secret message the night entered your heart, silent and strange?

你从天上的星星中,念到什么可怕的咒语,就是黑夜沉默而异样地走进你心中时带来的那个密封的秘密的消息?

If you do not care for merry meetings, if you must have peace, weary heart, we shall put our lamps out and silence our harps.

如果你不喜欢那热闹的集会,如果你需要安静,困乏的心呵,我们就吹灭灯火,停止琴声。

We shall sit still in the dark in the rustle of leaves, and the tired moon will shed pale rays on your window.

我们将在风叶声中静坐在黑暗里,倦乏的月亮将在你窗上洒上苍白的光辉。

O traveller, what sleepless spirit has touched you from the heart of the midnight?

呵,行路上,是什么不眠的精灵从中夜的心中和你接触了呢?

64

I spent my day on the scorching hot dust of the road.

我在大路灼热的尘土上消磨了一天。

Now, in the cool of the evening, I knock at the door of the inn. It is deserted and in ruins.

现在,在晚凉中我敲着一座小庙的门。这庙已经荒废倒塌了。

A grim ashath tree spreads its hungry clutching roots through the gaping fissures of the walks.

一棵愁苦的菩提树,从破墙的裂缝里伸展出饥饿的爪根。

Days have been when wayfarers came here to wash their weary feet.

从前曾有过路人到这里来洗疲乏的脚。

They spread their mats in the courtyard in the dim light of the early moon, and sat and talked of strange lands.

他们在新月的微光中在院里摊开席子,坐着谈论异地的风光。

They woke refreshed in the morning when birds made them glad, and friendly flowers nodded their heats at them from the wayside.

早起他们精神恢复了,鸟声使他们欢悦,友爱的花儿在道边向他们点首。

But no lighted lamp awaited me when I came here.

但是当我来的时候没有灯在等待我。

The black smudges of smoke left by many a forgotten evening lamp stare, like blind eyes, from the wall.

只有残留的灯烟熏的黑迹,像盲人的眼睛,从墙上瞪视着我。

Fireflies flit in the bush near the dried-up pond, and bamboo branches fling their shadows on the grass-grown path.

萤虫在涸池边的草里闪烁,竹影在荒芜的小径上摇曳。

I am the guest of no one at the end of my day.

我在一天之末做了没有主人的客人。

The long night is before me, and I am tired.

在我面前的是漫漫的长夜,我疲倦了。

65

Is that your call again?

又是你呼唤我么?

The evening has come. Weariness clings round me like the arms of entreating love.

夜来到了,困乏像爱的恳求用双臂围抱住我。

Do you call me?

你叫我了么?

I had given all my day to you, cruel mistress, must you also rob me of my night?

我已把整天的工夫给了你,残忍的主妇,你还定要掠夺我的夜晚么?

Somewhere there is an end to everything, and the loneness of the dark is one's own.

万事都有个终结,黑暗的静寂是个人独有的。

Must your voice cut through it and smite me?

你的声音定要穿透黑暗来刺击我么?

Has the evening no music of sleep at your gate?

难道你门前的夜晚没有音乐和睡眠么?

Do the silent-winged stars never climb the sky above your pitiless tower?

难道那翅翼不响的星辰,从来不攀登你的不仁之塔的上空么?

Do the flowers never drop on the dust in soft death in your garden?

难道你园中的花朵,永不在绵软的死亡中堕地么?

Must you call me, you unquiet one?

你定要叫我么,你这不安静的人?

Then let the sad eyes of love vainly watch and weep.

那就让爱的愁眼,徒然地因着盼望而流泪。

Let the lamp burn in the lonely house.

让灯盏在空屋里点着。

Let the ferry-boat take the weary labourers to their home.

让渡船载那些困乏的工人回家。

I leave behind my dreams and I hasten to your call.

我把梦想丢下,来奔赴我的召唤。

66

A wandering madman was seeking the touchstone, with matted locks, tawny and dust-laden, and body worn to a shadow, his lips tight-pressed, like the shut-up doors of his heart, his burning eyes like the lamp of a glow-worm seeking its mate.

一个流浪的疯子在寻找点金石。他褐黄的头发乱蓬蓬地蒙着尘土,身体瘦得像个影子。他双唇紧闭,就像他的紧闭的心门。他的烧红的眼睛就像萤火虫的灯亮在寻找他的爱侣。

Before him the endless ocean roared.

无边的海在他面前怒吼。

The garrulous waves ceaselessly talked of hidden treasures, mocking the ignorance that knew not their meaning.

喧哗的波浪,在不停地谈论那隐藏的珠宝,嘲笑那不懂得它们的意思的愚人。

Maybe he now had no hope remaining, yet he would not rest, for the search had become his life,——

也许现在他不再有希望了,但是他不肯休息,因为寻求变成他的生命——

Just as the ocean for ever lifts its arms to the sky for the unattainable——

就像海洋永远向天伸臂要求不可得到的东西——

Just as the stars go in circles, yet seeking a goal that can never be reached——

就像星辰绕着圈走,却要寻找一个永不能到达的目标——

Even so on the lonely shore the madman with dusty tawny locks still roamed in search of the touchstone.

在那寂寞的海边,那头发垢乱的疯子,也仍旧徘徊着寻找点金石。

One day a village boy came up and asked, "Tell me, where did you come at this golden chain about your waist?"

有一天,一个村童走上来问:"告诉我,你腰上的那条金链是从哪里来的呢?"

The madman started——the chain that once was iron was verily gold; it was not a dream, but he did not know when it had changed.

疯子吓了一跳——那条本来是铁的链子真的变成金的了;这不是一场梦,但是他不知道是什么时候变成的

He struck his forehead wildly——where, O where had he without knowing it achieved success?

他狂乱地敲着自己的前额——什么时候,呵,什么时候在他的不知不觉之中得到成功了呢?

It had grown into a habit, to pick up pebbles and touch the chain, and to throw them away without looking to see if a change had come; thus the madman found and lost the touchstone.

拾起小石去碰碰那条链子,然后不看看变化与否,又把它扔掉,这已成了习惯;就是这样,这疯子找到了又失掉了那块点金石。

The sun was sinking low in the west, the sky was of gold.

太阳西沉,天空灿金。

The madman returned on his footsteps to seek anew the lost treasure, with his strength gone, his body bent, and his heart in the dust, like a tree uprooted.

疯子沿着自己的脚印走回,去寻找他失去的珍宝。他气力尽消,身体弯曲,他的心像连根拔起的树一样,萎垂在尘土里了。

英语诗歌推荐