当前位置

: 英语巴士网生活英语实用英语生活英语内容详情

《英语口语王》第2部分:第三章 消极情感a

17

失望与绝望


 

真遗憾。 That’s a shame.

A: That’s a shame. Our team lost yesterday’s match.

真遗憾。我们队在昨天的比赛中输了。

B: Oh, come on. You can’t always win.

想开点儿,你们不可能总赢呀。


我搞砸了。 I screwed up.

=I messed up.

=I blew it.


我恨死我自己了。 I could kick myself, really.

A: I could kick myself, really. 我恨死我自己了。

B: If you work hard, you will be successful.

如果你努力工作,会成功的。


白费我那么多力气。 All that for nothing.

A: All that for nothing. 白费我那么多力气。

B: Don’t be so depressed. 别这么悲伤。


我对他实在很失望。 I’m really disappointed with him.

A: Has he passed the exam? 他通过考试了吗?

B: I’m disappointed with him. 我对他实在很失望。


我对他做的事情实在不满意。 I’m quite dissatisfied with what he did.

=I have displeasure with what he did.

A: I’m quite dissatisfied with what he did.

我对他做的事情实在不满意。

B: But he tried his best. 但他尽力了。


我感到很难过。 I feel really sad.

=I’m really unhappy.


我原指望会好得多。 I expected it to be much better.

A: I’m very disappointed at the new house. I expected it to be much better.

我对新房很失望,我原指望会好得多。

B: You can’t say that, David.大卫,别这么说了。


真让人失望! What a disappointment!

=What a let down!

◆It’s disappointing. 这真令人扫兴。


真令人失望! How disappointing!

A: How disappointing! We were just beginning the match when it rained.

真令人失望!我们刚刚开始比赛就下起雨来。

B: Next time we’d better listen carefully to the weather report.

下次我们最好注意听一下天气预报。


真是白费力气。 It was a waste of effort.

◆All my effort went down the drain.

我的努力全白费了。


我真傻! What a fool I was!

◆I feel such an idiot! 我真是个傻瓜!


你让我失望了。 You let me down.

A: I failed in French again. 我的法语又没及格。

B: You let me down. 你让我失望了。


我的内心充满了悲伤。 My heart has been filled with grief.

A: My heart has been filled with grief.

我的内心充满了悲伤。

B: Cheer up! 振作起来!


今天真是什么都不顺心。 Today just isn’t my day.

A: What’s wrong with you today?你今天怎么了?

B: Today just isn’t my day. 今天真是什么都不顺心。


这不是我所期望的。 It’s not what I expected.

=It’s not as good as I expected.

◆It’s expected to be much better. 我原指望它会好得多。


纯属浪费时间。 It’s a waste of time.

A: You should talk to him. 你应该和他谈谈。

B: It’s a waste of time. 纯属浪费时间。


实在没有办法。 It can’t be helped.

=There’s nothing you can do about it.


真倒霉! What luck!

A: What luck! We’ve run out of gas. 真倒霉!汽油用光了。

B: Then we’ll have to get off and run to our office because the boss may have already been there. 那我们得要下车跑到办公室去了,老板可能早到了。

实用英语推荐