当前位置

: 英语巴士网生活英语旅游英语生活英语内容详情

在百货公司的失物招领处

20

At the lost-found office of deportment store
在百货公司的失物招领处

Tom: Excuse me, could you help me?
汤姆:对不起,能不能帮我一个忙?

Lost Property clerk (L): Yes. What seems to be the problem?
失物管理员:好的。有什么问题吗?

Tom: Well, I was wondering if anyone has turned in a passport.
汤姆:我想知道是否有人交来一本护照。

L: I'm afraid not. Have you lost your passport?
管理员:恐怕没有。你遗失了护照?

Tom: I think so. I can't find it anywhere in my hotel room, and I remember the last place I used it yesterday was in this department store.
汤姆:我想是的。我在饭店的房间里都找不到。我记得昨天最后用护照的地方是在这百货公司。

L: where exactly did you use your passport in the store?
管理员:你在百货公司什么确切的地方用过护照呢?

Tom: In the suit-dress department. I had to show it to pay for these dresses with my traveler's checks.
汤姆:在女装销售部。我用信用卡买衣服的时候必须给他们看护照。

L: Well, let me call the suit-dress department to see if they've found a passport.
管理员:这样的话,我打电话给该部门,看看他们有没有捡到护照。

(A minute later)
(一分钟之后)

L: Sorry-your passport's not been turned in there, either.
管理员:对不起——你的护照也没被交到那边。

Tom: Then what shall I do?
汤姆:那我该怎么办呢?

L: You can fill in this lost property report, and I'll keep my eye out for it. Those kinds of things usually turn up eventually, but I suggest you contact your embassy and tell them about your situation, so they can issue you a new passport in case it doesn't show up.
管理员:你来填这张遗失报告表,我会替你留意的。像这样的东西,最后总是会出现的。但我建议你跟你们的大使馆联系并把你的情形告诉他们。万一你的护照找不到的话,他们会给你补发新护照的。

旅游英语推荐