当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语基础英语口语英语基础内容详情

双语美文:珍惜现在,才能活得快乐

11

It was a summer day. And old man strolled on a hill cheerfully.

那是一个夏日。一位老人正神清气爽地在山坡上散步。

He wiped the perspiration on his forehead with his sleeve and kept humming melodies to entertain himself.

他用袖子拂去额头上的汗珠,哼着小曲自娱自乐。

Suddenly, he heard someone talking to him.

突然间,他听见有人跟他讲话。

"Hello, sir."

“你好,老先生。”

The old man turned around but saw no one.

老人转过身,但并没有看见谁。

"I'm here."

“我在这呢。”

The voice came from beside his feet. The old man looked down and saw a beautiful lily.

声音是从他脚边传来的。老人低下头,看见了一朵美丽的百合花。

"Sir, can I ask you a question?" asked the lily.

“老先生,我能问你一个问题吗?”百合花问到。

"Sure, my child. What do you want to know?" said the old man.

“当然了,孩子。你想知道些什么?”老人说。

The lily hesitated for a second and said :"Why are you so happy? You don't seem to have many days left to live."

百合花犹豫了一秒,说到:“你为什么能这么开心?你看起来已经时日无多了呀。”

"My days have passed and I'm about to wither. That makes me so sad." the lily didn't wait for the old man to answer, she just kept going on.

百合花没有等老人回答,自顾自地继续说了下去:“我绽放的日子已经过去了,现在的我很快就要凋谢。这真的让我很伤心。”

The old man laughed.

老人笑了起来。

"Yes, I don't have many days left. But, so what?"

“对啊,我已经时日无多了。但那又怎样?”

"Why ruin such a lovely day for something that hasn't happen?"

“为什么要为还没发生的事情而毁了这么美好的一天呢?”

"What's gone is gone. What's to come is to come. You can't change them. But you can decide to enjoy this very moment that you truly have."

“过去已成过去。未来还未到来。你改变不了它们。但你可以决定要不要享受你现在所拥有的这一瞬间。”

And he didn't wait for the lily to respond. He just walked away, continuing the melody he had been humming.

老人没有等百合花回答,他径直走了,继续哼着刚刚的小曲。

 

(翻译:能猫)

英语口语推荐