当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语基础英语学习方法英语基础内容详情

缤纷成语SHOW

5

1. First things first 重要的事情先来

A: I’ve already had so many plans for the summer holiday!
我已经制定了好多项暑假计划啦!

B: Me too, I cannot wait for the summer to come.
我也是。简直迫不及待要等暑假来临了。

A: But fist things first, we have to pass our exams before thinking about having fun in the summer holiday.
但是重要的事情还是应该先来,我们得先通过考试,然后才能想着去游乐。

B: I think you are right.
我认为你说得对。
 
2. Get one's feet under the table  安定下来

A: Congratulations on landing your new job!I expect you need to“get your feet under the table” in your new job.
恭喜找到新工作!我想你现在需要在你新的工作上安定下来。

B: I don’t quite understand this expression,can you explain it to me?
我不太懂你用的这个词哎,你能解释给我听吗?

A: Well, it means “get settled” or “organized”.
嗯,它指的是“安定下来”或是“有条理的”。

B: That’s really an interesting expression.
这真是个有趣的词。
 
3. be swept off one’s feet: 为感情所克服;充满热忱

A: You are glowing these days, my dear!
亲爱的,你这阵子真的是容光焕发哎。

B: I am in love!
我恋爱了!

A: Congratulations! Who is the lucky guy?
恭喜你!谁是这个幸运的男孩?

B: Well, he is my classmate Paul. All I can say is, he swept me off my feet.
是我同学保罗。我现在所能说的就是,他使我神魂颠倒。
 
4. Get under one’s skin 惹恼,激怒

A: Enjoy your party last night?
昨晚的晚会愉快吗?

B: It was good in general.
总的来说还不错。

A: Anything went wrong?
有哪里不对吗?

B: I met Jack there, I cannot explain why, but it seems he really gets under my skin most of the times.
我在那里遇到了杰克,我无法解释为什么,但是他总是能惹恼我。
 
5. blow one’s top/lid 发脾气

A: I had my first fight with Frank last night.
我昨晚和弗兰克吵了第一次架。

B: What happened?
出什么事了?

A: I met my ex-boyfriend Mike by coincidence at the pub and had a drink with him. Frank was jealous and really blew his top.
昨晚我在酒吧碰巧遇到前男友迈克,和他喝了一杯,弗兰克就吃醋了,大发脾气。

B: Well, you should talk things through with him.
嗯,你该和他好好谈谈。
 
6. ankle boot 小短靴

A: What a beautiful pair of ankle boots!
多漂亮的一双小短靴啊!

B: Thanks!I bought it yesterday, it was on sale.
谢谢,我昨天买的,在打折呢

A: So how much was it?
多少钱啊?

B: 70% off! Originally it was 1200 Yuan, but I got it for 360.Really a good bargain, right?
三折!原价1200块,我360块买的,很合算是吧?
 
7. grocery store 食品杂货店

A: Honey, guess what! I just found out that we ran out of olive oil.
亲爱的,你猜怎么着,我才发现家里没橄榄油了。

B: Should have added it to our shopping list.
早知道就添加一项进我们的购物单了。

A: Could you be a dear and go to the grocery store again?
你能再去超市买一下吗,亲爱的?

B: Sure.
当然可以。
 
8. jump the queue 插队

A: I just read in the newspaper that an airport has been condemned for making extra money from security checks by letting people jump the queue for a fee.
我刚看报纸,一家机场为了创收,只要乘客交钱,就可以插队先过安检,遭到了批评。

B: I think it the right thing to do.
我认为批评是正确的。

A: Me too.
我也这么认为。

B: I really hate queue-jumping.
我最恨插队行为了。

英语学习方法推荐