当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语基础英语学习方法英语基础内容详情

老外如何用英语表达“怂”

19

coward 懦夫 

I was, to my shame, a coward. 

我很惭愧,我是个懦夫。 

He's a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood. 

他是一个懦夫,一个分不清蛮力和大丈夫气概的恃强凌弱者。 

But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward. 

但是同时我不得不承认我是一个天生的懦夫。 

I would be a coward if I left now. 

如果我现在离开,就成了一个懦夫。

wimp 软骨头

But he looks like such a wimp: I'm afraid he doesn't have the guts to handle a realcrisis when it comes up. 

可是,他看起来像个软骨头。 我担心,在真正发生危机的时候,他可能不会有足够的勇气来处理问题。

I was a wimp. 

我是个窝囊废。

What a wimp that boy is! 

那真是个没有骨气的男孩。

weakling 没用的人 

Think that weakling is a worthy opponent? 

你认为那个懦夫配做我的对手吗? 

Next time I'll leave you in the trash, weakling! 

下次我不帮你了,没用的家伙! 

You are a miserable weakling. 

你是一个可怜的弱者。

wuss 胆小鬼 

Are you being a wuss? 

你想当胆小鬼? 

I'll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss. 

我告诉你们,是懦夫,是胆小鬼!

craven 懦夫 

No man wants to be thought a craven person. 

没有人希望被人认为是个懦夫。 

A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene. 

英雄冒着生命危险去帮助别人;而懦夫却临阵脱逃。

英语学习方法推荐