当前位置

: 英语巴士网英语基础英语学习方法英语基础内容详情

一些有趣的表达恐惧的方式 1

17

1 Heebie-jeebies 焦躁不安

These unusual words are used to express a feeling of fear and being uncomfortable.

这些不寻常的词语用来表达恐惧和不舒服的感觉。

That movie gave me the heebie-jeebies.

那部电影让我焦躁不安。

2 Make your blood run cold 胆战心惊

Many people say that when they are scared, it makes them feel very cold all of a sudden.

很多人说当他们害怕的时候,会突然感到血液凝结。

My blood ran cold it scared me so much.

它吓到我胆战心惊。

3 Jumped out of my skin! 魂飞魄散

Have you ever gotten scared so quickly that it felt like your whole body jumped without you even moving?

你有没有过这么快就被吓到魂飞魄散?

It was such a fright that I jumped out of my skin!

这太可怕了,吓到我魂飞魄散!

4 Heart missed a beat 心惊肉跳

When you become afraid from one moment to the next, it may feel like your heart stopped for a moment.

当你从一个时刻到另一个时刻变得害怕时,你的心可能会停下来一会儿。

I got so scared that my heart missed a beat.

我太害怕了,我感到心惊肉跳。

5 Scared out of my wits 魂不附体

Having your wits means being in control of yourself. Being scared out of your wits is like saying you lost control of yourself because you were so afraid.

拥有你的智慧意味着控制你自己。被吓得魂不附体就像是说你因为害怕而失去了自我控制。

I was scared out of my wits!

我吓坏了!

6 Scared the living daylights out of me! 吓到半死

This idiom is unique and refers to being so terrified that it may have felt like the lights were turned off suddenly and you were in the dark or dead even.

这个成语很独特,指的是害怕得像突然关灯,甚至在黑暗中死去。

When you jumped out, it scared the living daylights out of me!

当你跳出来的时候,它把我吓坏了!

7 Shook like a leaf 瑟瑟发抖

Just like a leaf sways in the wind, when frightened many of us shake uncontrollably.

就像一片树叶在风中摇曳,当我们中的许多人受到惊吓时,无法控制地颤抖。

8 Quaking in my boots 瑟瑟发抖

Quaking means to start shaking.

Quaking意味着开始颤抖。

It was such a scary situation that I was quaking in my boots!

这是一个非常可怕的情况,吓得我瑟瑟发抖!

9 Scared stiff 毛骨悚然

In some cases people become so afraid that they cannot move, they freeze.

在某些情况下,人们变得如此害怕,以至于不能移动,他们一动不动。

When the bank robbers began to shoot their guns, I was scared stiff and couldn’t run away.

当银行劫匪开始开枪的时候,我吓得僵硬,不敢逃跑。

10 Act of God 天灾

When many natural disasters occur, people will use this idiom to describe it as something very powerful.

当许多自然灾害发生时,人们会用这个成语来形容它是非常强大的。

That earthquake was so intense; it was like an act of God!

那场地震太强烈了,简直是天灾!

英语学习方法推荐